- You need to drive a jalopy to make the rally tougher. It’s no fun if it’s too easy. If you want easy go for a spa weekend.
- The car must be pre-1990. (Preferably with character and not the norm – sedan or station wagon. No 4×4 please)
- It must be as cheap as possible and roadworthy (The idea is to ride a jalopy)
- It must run not run away (big engines and performance do not impress us)
- It must be pimped and themed so that it can stand out (Accessories, stickers, or painted)
- It must have a braai grid (the urge to braai could happen at anytime and anyplace)
- With a jalopy, you’re chances of breaking down is good, so you’re more likely to interact with the other participants and locals, so you can remind yourself you’re alive without jamming a fork into your hand.
- A spirit of adventure
- Willing to “rough-it”
- Preferably not be vegetarian (Vegetarian is an old Indian word for bad hunter)
- The Route will be kept under covers until a few days before the time. We normally cover over a 1000km. (It’s not a race and the whole idea is to explore. No need to prep before the time)
- Entry fee is per person and covers your accommodation (camping), supper every night and a goodie bag that you will receive prior to the event. (Goodie bag consist of gifts, promotional items, cap and T-shirt).
- All money raised will go to charity (NPO number 094-246 – The charity that will be benefited will be announced for each rally).
- If your team raises R4000 or more, then they will receive R2000 back towards your petrol bill.
- You will have lots of time to raise as much money as possible.